Submissions Deadline: November 8, 2013
Submissions are no longer accepted.
Invitation to Submit Panel Proposals
The Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) invites all persons wishing to organize/develop a panel related to global health to submit a proposal for consideration. Selected panels will be scheduled for presentation during Concurrent Sessions periods. (See “Schedule at a Glance“)
Panels comprise of (usually up to) 3 or 4 topic experts and a moderator. The speakers should provide knowledge about different views or aspects of the panel theme. These sessions can take on a number of formats including, but not limited to: 1) powerpoint presentations plus Q&A; 2) experts’ discussion plus Q&A; 3) experts’ debate plus Q&A
Proposals for panels in all areas of global health are welcome and are collected through 11 tracks:
- Environmental and Social Determinants of Health
- Innovative Approaches and Technologies in Global Health
- Closing the Know-Do Gap: Implementation, Program and Delivery Science in Global Health
- Role of Universities in Interdisciplinary and Intersectoral Approaches to Global Health:
From Agriculture to Zoology
- Building Effective Global Health Education and Training Programs
- Opportunities and Innovations in Women’s Health Globally
- From Communicable to Non-communicable Diseases and Injuries
- Scientific Research in Global Health Partnerships
- Role of Universities in Strengthening Health Systems in Low Income Settings: Evidence-based Approaches and Evaluations
- Role of Global Health in Local Health
- Global Health: Policy, Economics, Justice, and Equity
These tracks are provided for proposals collection and review purposes. Tracks will be consolidated in the final program.
Guidelines for Panel Proposals
Panel proposals are reviewed, and selections made, by the Scientific Program Committee.
All panels accepted for inclusion in the agenda will be assigned time slots that range from 1 hour to 1.5 hour (includes time for Q&A).
All panels accepted for inclusion will be scheduled for presentation during the Concurrent Sessions Periods. (see “Schedule at a Glance“)
The maximum word count for the combination of panel Objective and Description is 350 words.
The primary/submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the proposal.
- All proposals must be submitted in English.
- Proposals may be submitted for Panel Presentations/Discussions.
- Individuals may make up to 3 proposals for Panel Presentations/Discussions
- Proposed titles can not exceed 250 characters (including spaces) and should NOT be all caps (CORRECT: e.g. Ethical dilemmas in global health research: a roundtable discussion)
- All proposals require the following information:
- Proposing Party’s Contact Information
- Proposed Title
- Proposed Moderator/Facilitator(s)
- Proposed Speaker
- Short statement about the invited persons’ presumed abilities to fund their travel, lodging and registration costs
- Indication of the proposing party’s desire/availability to develop the panel if is selected
As a policy, CUGH Does not provide speaker honoraria.
All speakers and moderators must be registered to attend.
Panel Review and Deadlines
- Panel slots are limited.
- All panel proposals must be received by CUGH by November 8, 2013, 11:59 pm EST.
- In the event that panel slots are full in advance of November 8, 2013, the Scientific Planning Committee reserves the right to close the submission process early.
- All announcements for panel selections will be made by
December 31, 2013January 15, 2014.
- Click here to submit a program proposal for a Panel.