Submissions are no longer accepted.
Invitation to Participate (Abstract Deadline extended to December 31, 2013)
Consortium of Universities for Global Health (CUGH) invites all persons wishing to report original research, innovative projects or novel programs related to global health to submit abstracts to be considered for presentation.
Abstracts in all areas of global health are welcome and are collected through 11 tracks:
- Building Effective Global Health Education and Training Programs
- Closing the Know-Do Gap: Implementation, Program and Delivery Science in Global Health
- Environmental and Social Determinants of Health
- From Communicable to Non-communicable Diseases and Injuries
- Global Health: Policy, Economics, Justice, and Equity
- Innovative Approaches and Technologies in Global Health
- Opportunities and Innovations in Women’s Health Globally
- Role of Global Health in Local Health
- Role of Universities in Interdisciplinary and Intersectoral Approaches to Global Health: From Agriculture to Zoology
- Role of Universities in Strengthening Health Systems in Low Income Settings: Evidence-based Approaches and Evaluations
- Scientific Research in Global Health Partnerships
* The above tracks are provided for abstracts collection and review purposes. Tracks will be consolidated in the final program.
Poster size: max. width 44”, max. height 45” Format: Portrait, All poster presenters must register online and pay the registration fee.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
The maximum word count for abstract submissions is 450 words (including presenter’s bio). Please do not send supplemental materials (photos, articles or reports) with your abstract. These will not be seen by the program review committee.
The submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the abstract.
- Scientific Abstracts as well as Project/Program Abstracts can be submitted for review.
- All abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Abstracts must be submitted online.
- Abstracts must not exceed 450 words (including presenter’s bio).
- Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentations. Authors may indicate a preference for oral or poster presentation but all decisions will be made by the scientific planning committee whose determination is final.
- Abstract titles may not exceed 250 characters (including spaces) and should NOT be all caps (CORRECT: e.g. Global capacity for emerging infectious diseases and surveillance)
- All abstracts must be structured following the provided fields
Abstracts that do not comply with guidelines will not be reviewed or considered for presentation.
Abstract Review and Deadlines
- All abstracts must be received by CUGH by
December 15, 2013
(Deadline extended to DECEMBER 31, 2013)
- Abstracts acceptance / decline notices will be sent by January 31, 2014
- Abstract presenters are required to be registered for the conference by February 14, 2014 to hold a presentation slot on the meeting agenda.
- All abstracts that follow submissions guidelines will be reviewed and selected by the scientific planning committee.
- Presentation formats (oral or poster) will be assigned to accepted abstracts by the scientific planning committee. All decisions are final.
- Notifications will be emailed only to the contact person who submitted the abstract submission.
- Proposals constituting sales pitches for products or services will not be considered.
Student Poster Competition
CUGH will award three $500 awards to three student poster presentations. Students who wish to compete must submit an abstract by December 15, 2013 and in the submission form, OPT IN to compete.
Student Poster Review Procedure
- Competition is open to abstracts addressing a project or activity conducted by an individual(s) with student status during the project period. The project, program, activity being presented must be completed by
December 15, 2013December 31, 2013.
- Judges will consider abstracts that meet all the following requirements:
- Authors/Presenters are students, or were students during the project period in question
- Authors/Presenters have accepted the invitation to present in poster format (regardless of the preferred presentation method indicated in the submission form)
- Submissions adhere to all abstract guideline stated above
- Opted in to compete in the Abstract Submission form
Online Abstract Submission Form
Click here to submit an ABSTRACT for oral or poster presentation.